Bacon and Cheese Egg Clouds
This latest internet trend is a really gorgeous way to serve eggs on toast. They are very light and you can easily add your own flavours. Serve on toast.
- 2 medium size eggs
- 2 rashers of bacon
- Cup of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
You can add other ingredients such as hollandaise sauce to liven it up a little, or serve with grilled tomatoes. How long the craze for egg clouds will last remains to be seen but they sure make a gorgeous snack.
- Separate the eggs and put the yolks in small, individual dishes
- Grill the bacon to how you like it, then cut up into small pieces
- Whisk the egg whites until they are soft and fluffy
- Take a baking tray, line with baking paper and spray with oil or similar
- Spoon out the egg mixture leaving a nearly hollow centre
- Bake in the oven (180 degrees C) for about 5 minutes or until they just start going brown
- Add the egg yolk to the centre, sprinkle the bacon and cheese around the edge
- Season with salt and pepper and bake for roughly another three minutes