Cloud Bread Brunch
We’ve had the poncy egg clouds and now I am experimenting with ‘bread clouds’. They are light, fluffy and gluten free…whether they could actually replace that divine experience that goes with bread and bacon, I am not convinced. They are, however, high in protein and taste delicious.
- 4 eggs
- 75g cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Salt and pepper
- Oil or spray for greasing a baking sheet
These only take about 10 minutes to prepare and about 20 minutes to cook, so plenty of time to get that bacon under the grill, add some pierced cherry tomatoes and to fry off a potato cake. I cheated on the potato cake in this experiment, and these came courtesy of the reduced basket in my local Waitrose.
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius and lightly grease a baking sheet on a baking tray
- Separate the eggs and place the whites in a mixing bowl
- Whisk the egg whites until they are really fluffy and wouldn’t fall out the bowl should you actually wish to try this ‘ready’ test
- Add the cream cheese, egg yolks, salt and pepper to another bowl and whisk until the cream cheese is blended in
- Gently fold the egg whites into the second bowl. If you do it one spoon at a time you won’t lose much of the air in the egg whites
- Dollop the mixture onto the lightly greased baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until the top starts to go brown and crispy.
Plate up and enjoy!