Mushroom and Lentil Pate
This recipe is a tasty little number! Very simple to make and even meat eaters will like it….OK so the way I served it in the picture is a little ‘poncy’ and good old crackers will suffice. A lovely alternative to meat based pate. (Vegetarian)
This is enough to make about 15-20 brunch size servings
- A slug of olive oil
- A knob (hahaha) of butter
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 200g mushrooms, less if you prefer a smoother texture
- 400g of cooked green/black lentils
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 150g roasted walnuts
- A slug of soy sauce
- A little fresh rosemary, thyme and parsley, chopped
- A slug of brandy
- A little brown sugar
- A little chilli (flakes) or cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat the butter and oil in pan
- Add the onions and garlic until softened, (5 ish minutes)
- Add the mushrooms and keep stirring until they are cooked.
- For the next part you will need a food processor and this is literally where you chuck in all the other ingredients and blend together. If the mixture is too thick then add some lemon juice or soy sauce to thin it down.
- Serve chilled – In the picture are some home cultivated broccoli seeds and some dehydrated tomatoes. These two flavours work really well with the pate, but you don’t have to be that poncy, it was just me playing with some new kitchen gadgets.