Simple Cheese Biscuits
This recipe is enough for about 30 biscuits, depending on how thick you cut them. When I made these, only 25 made it to the biscuit tin…ooops!
- 350g wholemeal flour
- 350g Strong Cheddar Cheese. grated
- 250g Butter
- 3 tsp Mustard Powder
- A little salt and pepper
- A little water if required
I had some cheddar cheese left over from a large cheese cake that was a centre piece at an event. It seemed rude to let it go to waste and although you can freeze cheese, I wanted to use it up in a tasty snack. These biscuits are easy to make and are gorgeous as a stand alone snack or with some other tasty gunk on top.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C gas 6
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, only adding water if the mix needs a little help to ‘bind’
- Put some flour on a board and roll out the mixture, (do this in batch stages) to about 5mm and put on a baking tray. (Use a baking sheet)
- Put in the oven and cook for about 20 mins, until they are crispy. The time depends on how impatient you were rolling out and cutting the biscuits!) Put on a rack to cook and enjoy!