- 1 Roll of Puff Pastry
- Strong Cheddar Cheese. grated
- Mustard Powder
- Milk for glazing the straws before they go into the oven
- Preheat the oven to Gas 6 200 C – place baking paper on to a baking tray and lightly oil it
- Roll out the puff pastry then add grated cheese and a pinch of mustard powder to half of it. Fold over the pastry, roll out and repeat adding the cheese and mustard powder.
- After adding about three lots of cheese and mustard powder, do one final roll out. Then cut the pastry into strips. Twist them slightly and place on the baking tray leaving a gap between as they will puff up in the oven. Brush the strips with milk
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until they are a lovely golden brown. I like the slightly burnt one in the picture
Allow the straws to cool on a rack then tuck in…These are simple to make and taste delicious.